Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Random Walk-abouts

Greetings!
Well, tonight I decided I'd spent enough time sitting at the computer and snatched my camera, bag, and iPod on my way out the door to Philly for a calm walk-about.  As I'd said, I've read through Tom Ang's book and I really wanted to take my shots at his assignments.  Mostly, I want to improve what talent I think I have.  So, I took to the city streets to take a crack at the book's first assignment: City Lights.

Unfortunately, I missed the twilight hour and was kind of upset about it.  But that didn't stop me from my endeavor.  My goals for tonight were to use the city as my set to demonstrate Color, Composition, Perspective, and Textures.  These photos are also unedited.  I may play around later and repost my results.

Enjoy and comment!
(Don't forget that you can click to enlarginate them! Hahah)

Color

1/13s at f/3.5
18mm
ISO3200


Composition


















1/20 at f/5.6
55mm
ISO3200

Perspective













1/100s at f/4.0
65mm
ISO3200

Perspective


















1s at f/5.0
18mm
ISO3200

Texture













1/40s at f/5.6
55mm
ISO3200

Texture


















1/40s at f/5.6
55mm
ISO3200



My own critique: Stop using Auto ISO because I always get 3200 in low light and tons of grain.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment